Thursday, May 26, 2011

7 point blueberry pancakes

I had been craving pancakes, but just could not bring myself to "spend" a bunch of points on the type I normally make. So while at the grocery store, I spied a box of Bisquick Heart Smart mix while fantasizing about a short stack from Village Inn! Here is what I came up with, and I have to say, the results were satisfying.

7 Point Pancakes

(makes enough to feed an army, so you may want to half the recipe--full recipe was way too much for the two kids and myself)

2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
1 1/4 cups skim milk
1 egg
2 T Splenda
1 t vanilla

Use a nonstick pan, and heat to medium high. Lightly (emphasis on lightly) spray pan, and using a 1/2 cup size measuring cup, pour a scoop of mix onto the pan. Drop blueberries onto mix and slightly press into mix. Turn when surface gets bubbly--but you knew that, right?! Repeat to make desired amount.

Add 3 tablespoons of sugar-free syrup to pancakes. I use Kroger brand. Two of these, with syrup, is a yummy and filling 7 point breakfast! They are fluffy-type pancakes, but make sure you add lots of blueberries to fill you up! You don't need a lot of syrup because the pancakes are sweet on their own. You can omit the syrup and save 2 points if you like.

**Bonus 0 point coffee recipe: one cup of Keurig-brewed coffee of your choice, 1 Splenda paacket, 1 T Coffee-Mate sugar-free Hazelnut flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment